Have been looking for these two songs for eleven years (yes, you read that correctly) on and off, but was never able to find them.
...Until I thought to Google them, that is.
I first heard them during the SRCS 50th anniversary dinner in 1999, when my dad starred in this dance drama put up for the event about the Bukit Ho Swee fire and how Red Cross stepped in to save casualties etc (I have no idea if this is actually historically accurate, but whatever). He played the part of some tao huay seller who first raised the alarm of fire and then tried to rescue people from the burning houses.
The rest of the drama was part-dance-part-screaming-and-running-and-emoing-because-people-died.
Aaand these were the two songs they (as in, the VIs and my dad) acted/danced to!
Ameno's my personal favourite, because I used to mishear the lyrics as "doraemon" during the rehearsals. (I was five. Five-year-olds tend to have fairly limited vocabularies.)
Disclaimer
Be offended if you want by my writings; it's your blood pressure, not mine. (:
your mirror
sixteen. 12A01B; formerly a chopstick. ex-coralite, ex-riverlite, ex-rosythian and now a rafflesian.
member of rgsrcy&aikirinashi; love always and rgavpa - girls in black.
hobo. part-time PUSSian. forever a sexysixfifteener <3