Sunday, October 3, 2010
Sometimes I wonder if thinking/reflection is the sole reserve of the materially fortunate. It's only when you don't have to worry about getting enough food or shelter that you have time to think about the abstract stuff.
In other news, I managed to Apparate food out of nowhere for my dad. I was minding my own business and reading the Sunday Times when he appeared out of nowhere and asked me what I
wanted to eat. I rather naively thought he was going to get me food, so I told him not to bother. Then he went all "But I'm hungryyyy" and started dancing the haka, so I had no choice but to drag myself into the kitchen and find food for him. But all I could find were 2 pieces of leftover fishcake from yesterday's lunch, 4 raw eggs, uncooked cheese tofu and a quantity of tomatoes.
Great. My dad put on his best Sad Look and said that he'd survive on mooncakes, Ferrero Rocher and beer, knowing full well I wouldn't let him. Sheesh. Why do dads automatically assume their daughters can cook?