Monday, October 18, 2010
I am so disappointed in myself.
I whipped out a CALCULATOR to calculate my GPA today.
Fine, so it was because I was trying to calculate my non-C5B2 score, but seriously, I had more faith in my GPA mugger skills than that.
You see, it's not that hard to calculate your GPA. All you have to do is to calculate how many 4.0s you got, and how many scores below 3.6.
I call this the Credit System. A 4.0 is worth +1 credit, a 3.6 0 credits, a 3.2 -1 credit, 2.8 -2 credits, 2.4 -3 credits and so on.
So if, say, you get 2 4.0s for 2 electives, and a 2.8 for, uh, Chinese, then 1+1-2 = 0 credits. If your final score is 0 credits, you get a 3.6.
The table looks like this (I'm only going 7 in each direction for obvious reasons):
-7 credits: 3.2
-6 credits: 3.26
-5 credits: 3.31
-4 credits: 3.37
-3 credits: 3.43
-2 credits: 3.49
-1 credit: 3.54
0 credits: 3.6
1 credit: 3.66
2 credits: 3.71
3 credits: 3.77
4 credits: 3.83
5 credits: 3.89
6 credits: 3.94
7 credits: 4.0
Woots.
--
(By the way, if you still haven't gotten it yet, this post isn't meant to be serious.)
(Though in case you were wondering, the system DOES work. It's a lot faster than dragging out your calculator - once you've memorised the table, that is.)