Tuesday, August 31, 2010
I went back to Rivervale today!
It felt odd walking around by myself, but it was interesting to see what changed and what didn't.
The aquarium and aviary were still there and the canteen still looked the same, but Stall 1 no longer sells soy bean milk for 20 cents, I think D:
Mrs Ng's now a School Staff Developer! Whatever that is, anyway. I saw someone who looked like he could be ZQ (haha sio ba zhang; didn't expect him to become the head prefect).
Then I went upstairs to the hall. Ah, memories. Somehow the ones that really stand out are 1. Getting scolded by Mdm Chew in front of the whole school for buying food after the bell rang and 2. Prize-Giving Day.
And the General Office, where I sat waiting for my application for a transfer to be processed back in P2. I think my parents were less surprised than they should've been when I got accepted, though. Tsk unappreciative people.
It was weird but for a moment I actually managed to forget I was no longer in primary school, and though I was only there for a year it still felt...real. And when I walked past Rivervale Mall it was almost as if nothing had changed and I'd be going home through the side gate.
Sigh.