Sunday, August 29, 2010
I am fully prepared to get bashed for saying this, but -
Can people stop randomly hating on the government already?
I say 'randomly', because there are many, many good websites that do an excellent job of analysing the government's decisions, and return fair comments. But they point out actual flaws in judgement and give credit where it is due, instead of sitting there and flaming anything and everything.
I am sick of stupid people who don't bother to put thought into their criticism. If you don't think through the stuff you say, who will listen to you?
I don't mean people who sit down and write lengthy articles about how the government could've done this or that better and why didn't they do that etc because that's fine. Highest form of patriotism, yes. We don't want mindless "uh orh okay" robots for citizens. I mean people who go onto forums and say stuff like "I HATE THE PAP BECAUSE THEY SUCK (*#&$@ SEE THEY SALARY SO HIGH BUT ALL TALK NO ACTION VOTE THEM OUT WHY THE OLD MAN NEVER DIE YET". (Last part added in because inevitably some other idiot will bring it back to the Old Man Who Hasn't Died Yet. Yeah, I know everything Singapore-related has to do with him, but hello random much!)
So yes, if you're one of them please use your brains first before accusing everyone who disagrees with you of being establishmentarian, or you'll end up making yourself sound stupid.
[edit] Half an hour after posting this, my dad came home and started on an anti-government rant which contained almost exactly the same words as the model rant I posted above. FML.