Tuesday, July 6, 2010
My legs are complete football magnets.
You see, we had PE first block today, and I decided I wanted to play defender because I can't attack for nuts when playing soccer.
It was a Bad Idea.
What happened was that Aidi (striker for the other team; immensely good) kicked the ball really hard, aiming for the goal.
Being the defender, I had to block the goal.
Put these two together, and you can guess what happened; the ball thwacked into my left leg with a resounding thud.
But seeing as my legs are fairly strong and the ball wasn't too hard, it wasn't very painful, so I continued defending, glad that my legs were of some use after all (despite the fact that I hadn't actually kicked the ball away from the goal myself).
Then the other team came back and attempted to score again. This time, it was the right leg.
Okay, so that hurt. At least it wasn't the same leg. Never mind.
This time, I tried my darndest to kick the ball before it kicked me first. Didn't work. It hit me on BOTH my shins.
Finally, just as I was complaining and whining for the game to be over, the ball sailed into the air in a last-ditch attempt by the other team to score a goal before the game ended. Whee!
...It hit me on my left thigh. OH JOY.
I can't remember how many goals I managed to block, but I can quite definitely say that most of them were rather involuntary.
(Though I'm quite amazed at how bouncy my shins are. The ball just bounced right off them and flew in the opposite direction. Wao. :O)