Saturday, July 10, 2010
I have regained my faith in my own tech skills!
Because I have
*dramatic pause*
...SET UP MY HOME WIRELESS NETWORK!!!!
WAHAHA anticlimax right. But my dad was going to pay someone to do it because he claimed he didn't know how to.
You see, I was feeling grumpy yesterday about the fact that we don't have wireless internet, and seeing the brand-new wireless gateway still in its box made me even grumpier.
Then I noticed that the plastic wrapping was still on - nobody'd even opened it yet to try fixing it up. Which was actually kinda annoying, because how can we just pay people to do something we haven't tried doing ourselves yet!
So I tore open the package myself, read the user guide and set it up.
Hooray, internet connection intact (and faster too)!
Then I realised my phone could detect the wifi and had happily leeched onto it. Which meant it wasn't actually secure yet and that anyone within range could use it. Whoops.
Desperately flipped through the pdf guide before realising I was hopelessly lost. Bohpian still needed to call my uncle to ask him what I had to do. Sigh.
But anyway he was nice and explained the terms and stuff in the user guide, so I managed to secure it after that. :D
Omg I feel like such a tech genius now. Applaud me please.