Thursday, April 8, 2010
Suddenly remembered how lucky I am to have all the awesome people around me, and one of those miracles that I don't deserve to have (and the only one I haven't gushed about ad nauseam) is this one.

RALA (: (though some people aren't in the photo; Shaowei, Stef and Sarah?)
I remember thinking back in 08, after CAP was over and everything, that I would never, ever be able to find a group of people like the ones I met in CAP. I always thought I was a bit of an oddity for feeling so strongly about words - intangible (almost-useless?) things, but they loved it more than I did, and it was amazing.
But in 09 I met RALA, and seriously I think we're the most bonded RA class ever (and especially in the intellectual sense). I don't know how much the other-subject-RA people love their RA subjects, but it takes a lot of dedication to join RALA, because doing Lit doesn't actually do your future career much good. To spend so much time on it would be quite insane, from some people's POVs.
So yes, I am insanely grateful for the times we spent together as a class. And while it might seem right now that 2010 can't possibly be as fun as 09, I'm sure things will improve, somehow (:
(Photo koped from Dr S's FB. Heh.)