Saturday, March 6, 2010
I've been thinking a lot lately about many, many things.
Like the definition of the term "intellectual". You know how being an intellectual requires some amount of basic intelligence, but intelligence doesn't automatically make you an intellectual?
Which sort of brings me to the point about how some people are smart, but refuse to think, and in doing so deny themselves the opportunity to do more things (and earn themselves the title of Intellectual instead of just Smart).
Don't people feel bored when they don't think? Not just about the small things, but about the big ones. The ones that affect not just themselves, but everyone around them. The things that make a difference.
Okay whatever I don't make sense. Was Pensieving to Xinyuan the other day and I think she sort of got what I was talking about, but then I suspect I got the idea from her via osmosis or something in the first place.