Monday, March 29, 2010
I hate cheem medical acronyms.
After waiting one and a half hours to see the doctor:
Doc: "So what's wrong with you?"
Me: *lists symptoms* "Sore throat runny nose blocked nose cough yadda yadda"
Doc: "Oh. Okay."
Mum: "So what's wrong with her?"
Doc: "Nothing much, just the usual flu virus - "
Mum: "URTI?"
Doc: "Yup, URTI."
Me: "What's URTI - "
Doc: "So she'll be okay within a few days. Young people recover fast. Anyway it's just URTI. Anything else? If not, I'll prescribe you some medicine and off you go! :D"
Mum: *outside doctor's office* "See? I told you you were fine. It's JUST URTI."
Me: "WHAT IS URTI?!?!"
Mum: "Chey. Upper Respiratory Tract Infection la!" *gives me a like-that-also-don't-know look*
--
Anyway, I have an MC! So awesome. Or at least it would have been, if not for the fact that I know I'll spend the free day coughing and hacking and sounding like I'm about to die (said Rachel today after a particularly bad coughing fit of mine).
Though on the upside, I have a sexy guy voice now. Yay.