Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Whee today was awesome.
The day started with PE, which is usually quite a snoozer (if a fairly relaxing mental holiday), but Mr Ng needed to set up his 9-hole golf course, so he let us do our own stuff for the first 10 minutes! So Xinyuan, VanessaT, RachelW, Vic *gasp* and I went jogging around the track.
It was MEANT to be a leisurely jog to while away the time since we couldn't play golf yet, but after we ran 2 rounds around the track, we realised that the rest of the class was already playing Twin Towers, and it wouldn't be nice to cut in. Besides, Mr Ng didn't show signs of being done yet, so we ran another round.
Still not done yet. Another round. (The 4th round is what I call the Plateau of Pain, because your leg muscles ache like crazy during this stage before getting numb later.)
5th round, and only Tey and I were left jogging around the track. By that time we didn't feel like stopping (and besides, everyone else was STILL playing Twin Towers), so we decided to go on to the 6th round!
We ran 3 quarters of the 6th round before Rachel came to tell us that Mr Ng wanted us back in his PE class. So yes, we ran 2.4km during PE :D Yay. I love running long distance for the high it gives me afterwards, but this one lasted all of 5 minutes before I came back down to earth D:
Vanessa is amazing. She didn't even look tired after running so much la :/ and she looked like she was just running with me so I wouldn't feel lonely on the track.
Okay we had Math, then Chem. That was awesome too, because we did ELECTROPLATING YAY :DDDDD and Vic brought a brand-new shiny school badge to coat with copper! It's now pinkish-red, and Vic says she'll wear it during special school functions and ward off prefects by telling them that the badge was a family heirloom (the copper gave it the old rusted look), and that booking her would mean the end of a long-held family tradition.
Physics diagnostic test was surprisingly okay. Actually I don't get why people don't want to be invited to PAP :/ it's free tuition! And it's invitation-only, too.
Nothing else interesting happened for the rest of the day, except that Mr Chang came up to Xinyuan, Ruth and me and started asking us questions about the canteen after lunch. We thought he was going to scold us for being late for RS at first lol.
I've just spent a very productive 45 minutes on homework yay. But there's still so much to do. Meh.