Saturday, February 13, 2010
So CNY's been pretty fun so far.
CNY celebrations on Friday were epicLOL. The people on AV duty that day got to skip the whole day's lessons :D So we went through a round of rehearsals (or maybe it was 2) before Upper Sec Assembly started. And we got a break in between and managed to get Mr Lee and Mr Lim to sit with us in the canteen! Haha Mr Lee's food was so sad la, it was like 2 pieces of soon kueh and Vitasoy. Mr Lim drank hot tea. Yuck. I don't trust the hot drinks sold in school. What is it with teachers (actually, adults in general) and hot caffeinated drinks?!
The Sec 3 PRC scholars did this really amusing item for the concert. Like, in the middle of a song there was this "WHOA WHOA WHOA" rapper part, and they all started doing the YO WHASSUP hand action, except with 5 fingers instead of 3 hahaha so phail. But it was quite funny la.
And the NCC people did a really cute lion dance this year! The lions kept skipping in and out, and they shook their butts and made their tails bounce up and down :D And yeah there was a lion collision during one of the rehearsals. Clare's lion and Ying Tong (think it was her)'s lion collided because the datouwawa blocked Ying Tong's lion's path and made her stop, so Clare banged into her from behind. We nearly died laughing in the control room.
Okay then the performance ended, but we couldn't leave yet because
some fat bitch refused to return us our mikes and we couldn't go until we got them back ...nothing, never mind.
We arrived at Seoul Garden late, and had to sit opposite KesterandRachel sigh D: At least Kester did all the cooking for the rest of us. I pretended to cook a few pieces at first, then gave up and just ate whatever he barbequed. Lol. Everyone kept laughing at me whenever I pried open cockles :X what's so funny about someone eating cockles!
Okay then after lunch (which ended at 4pm), we went off to Kester's house for mahjong. To cut a long, sad story short, I lost $2.60 after losing a bazillion games and winning 1 game with 1 tai :/
Haha Vic got traumatised by us on the journey to Kester's house because we kept inundating her with facts (okay well just one very obvious one).
--
Yesterday was double reunion dinner day!
My first one was at my maternal grandparents' house in Tampines. Steamboat again, when we just had steamboat at Seoul Garden on Friday :X it was pretty good, though as usual there was too much food. I attempted to outlast everyone by eating 3 bowls of rice and a lot of seafood, and could barely stand by the end of the meal.
Then we took the MRT allllll the way to the other side of Singapore, to my paternal grandma's house in Choa Chu Kang. At least there wasn't any more steamboat, though my cousins kept trying to give me food because they said I wasn't eating. So I had to explain the whole 3 Bowls Of Rice At Lunch situation to them, and they laughed at me D: Then there was this fat guy who we'd never seen before, and we couldn't figure out whether he was our uncle or cousin, until someone went to ask and confirmed that he was our uncle who last saw us 15 years ago when he was 18 -.-
--
And today! I just came back from my paternal grandma's place. We spent 2 hours travelling there and back, and only 40 minutes at her house :X
I'll be going off for my final reunion dinner at my maternal grandma's place later. We're eating yesterday's leftovers, sigh. MORE STEAMBOAT. I never want to see a steamboat pot ever again.
--
On a random note, I have created an LJ! It's just for RALA, though I might create another personal one. My RALA account's
plutonianshores, and if you don't know where that came from, you are a phail reader of my blog and an even phail-er Lit student. :)