Saturday, February 6, 2010
Project R.I.C.E. was quite fun, though I do think some aspects of the planning could've been improved. Anchorvale CC is a terrible meeting point. Freaking ulu. Wonder how many people got lost trying to get there :X The first time I tried to find it (and I actually live in Sengkang), I went in the opposite direction instead. Shir's dad drove us there from the MRT station, and his first response when he saw it was "But it's in the middle of nowhere!". Which I completely agree with, but its location apparently doesn't deter the many young people living in Sengkang who brave a 15-minute LRT ride from the station to go there to swim every Saturday.
Anyway. Collecting rice was pretty fun. I was in Germ and Shir's group, and at least nobody slammed doors in our faces, though there were a few mahjong-playing auntie groups who dead refused to get off their fat asses or pause their game to donate. Annoying. And yes Germ(aine HAHA), I think we'll be getting toned leg muscles before long. We walked and climbed so much yesterday :X
I had to leave early to go back to Anchorvale CC for tuition D: surprisingly, it didn't take very long to get back. Hmm. Vic was late, so Laoshi and I ended up talking about Jay Chou (and singing bits of his songs) while waiting for her. Laoshi rather likes Jay Chou because she's a mother, and he sang 听妈妈的话. Hahaha. She likes 青花瓷 and 东风破 too :D
Ohyeah random quote from one of our Lit lessons:
Sarah: "So do boys EVER grow up?"
Ms Picca: *pitying look at Sarah* "No, honey. They don't."