Thursday, February 18, 2010

And now that I have time to blog properly;

Let's see. Tuesday was a mess of packing as usual (and I'll be SO glad when I finally move in and all this fuss and emotional stress etc's done and over with), and then we set off for Clarke Quay for the gathering.

Okay my mum and I got there late, but we were still earlier than nearly everyone else -.- Uncle...Kim Lye (?) and his wife got there first, then Uncle Hua Aik's family, then Uncle Chee Seng's and Uncle Huat Soon's and I'm not sure if I missed anyone out. (Actually, I'm quite sure I did, but I can't remember who already so never mind.)

I was fully prepared to sit with my mum as usual, but the men wanted to sit and chat by themselves, so they put the women at the other end of the table and the kids got stuck in the middle -.- So I was sitting with Cheng Xun and Ze Xuan (sec3 and he's in VJC already, the lucky guy), since nobody else thought to ask their kids. Later Superstar (he has a real name, but I don't know what it is, and he behaves like a superstar so I just nicknamed him that), who's my age, came too, but we didn't know what to say to him so we just like daoed him :X anyway he was busy catching up on his food; by the time he arrived we were done with dessert.

Anyway I got to hear a lot of stories about RJ during dinner. And HP actually sounds interesting :O though RJ's frank admission to being a straight A-producing factory was quite scary. I don't want to be just another product :/

--

Yesterday. Was horrible.

I couldn't sleep the previous night because it was damn hot, so I basically floated to school in a fatigue-induced haze, which caused mood swings that got progressively worse as I worked my way through the day.

The GAC forum (Foreign Talent) was better than we hoped for, though. People actually came and contributed their views and in some cases, were even fairly cutting :O though nobody was emotional or anything la. The teachers helped to refocus the discussion when we went off track, too. Considering the fact that this is our first effort, I think we did a pretty good job (:

Left early to go for training, so I didn't catch the rest of it or eat any cupcakes D: At least training was cool, so that sort of made up for it la.

--

I hate it when people basically diss whatever I believe in without giving a (valid) reason.

Also, repeating whatever people say in a snarky tone is just rude, and fairly disrespectful to the speaker. As is contradiction for the sake of contradiction.

And one final thing: If people laugh at/ridicule you for some stupid reason, they're showing the whole world just how immature they are. Why bother about what they say? Why change yourself to suit them?

--

I love Philo lessons. They're the light by which I see others' argumental fallacies. And people do make them all the time :O

Just yesterday, I saw an blindingly, amazingly obvious example of a False Analogy. It was so classic, someone should have recorded it down for the edification of the entire school, as well as successive generations of RGS Philosophy students. It was gorgeous. And lest you think I'm making this up, Mala spotted it and agreed with me too :D
Disclaimer

Be offended if you want by my writings; it's your blood pressure, not mine. (:





your mirror

sixteen. 12A01B; formerly a chopstick. ex-coralite, ex-riverlite, ex-rosythian and now a rafflesian.
member of rgsrcy&aikirinashi; love always
and rgavpa - girls in black.

hobo. part-time PUSSian. forever a sexysixfifteener <3


sticks and stones



and the lights dim

© Layout by Tracy.
Amanda
Alicia
Anabelle
Audrey
Bernice
Celine
Cheng Jing
Cheryl
Clare
Cloudy+Josh
Dawn
Dawn
Dawne
Denise
Germaine
Gloria
Grace
Gregory
Huiran
Janne
Jarrad
Jingjie
Jingyi
Joie
Joseph
Justin
Karen
Leevoon
Lingzhi
Munirah
Rachel
Rach
Rohan
Russell
Ruth
Sherry
Sindhu
Verna
Victoria
Wesley
Xinyuan
Yirong

CAPpers'08
SOS: CAP'08
Yearblog
AVbatch'10!
6-14/6-15 2006
113 '07
212 '08
311 '09
----
» February 2008
» March 2008
» April 2008
» May 2008
» June 2008
» July 2008
» August 2008
» September 2008
» October 2008
» November 2008
» December 2008
» January 2009
» February 2009
» March 2009
» April 2009
» May 2009
» June 2009
» July 2009
» August 2009
» September 2009
» October 2009
» November 2009
» December 2009
» January 2010
» February 2010
» March 2010
» April 2010
» May 2010
» June 2010
» July 2010
» August 2010
» September 2010
» October 2010
» November 2010
» December 2010
» January 2011
» February 2011
» April 2011
» May 2011