Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Actually, I was going to blog about my bad day. It involves my getting sunburnt from standing too long with only one side of my body facing the sun, having too much homework and generally not getting enough sleep.
But it turns out that my bad day isn't so bad after all, so I shall try to be happy instead! Yay!
...Ah forget it. I think being happy in school/during training/when talking on the phone fairly drains me, because while I don't force myself to be all cheery and stuff, I'm not the naturally bubbly sort. I need to be grumpy once in a while. And alone.
I cannot describe how much I love being alone nowadays. When going home on Monday, I chose to walk to the super far bus stop before the school bus stop to take 190 because I didn't feel like squeezing in with the rest at the school bus stop.
I hate people so much now, frankly. It's like CAN'T THE WORLD JUST LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY.
And I seriously don't see what Thoreau was complaining about when he said he needed solitude. I mean, it's not like he's living in Singapore, which is tiny and filled with people. There are people everywhere - on LRTs, MRTs, buses, shopping malls...
In crowded places, there will inevitably be the rancid smell of sweat against sweat, of bodies packed far too closely together. Maybe it's just me and the fact that I have to take public transport everywhere, but I'm so sick of that stench. And yet I can't escape it - even now, I can still conjure the odour up in my head, vividly smell it in my mind...
--
And, of course, I'm moving house on Tuesday next week. We've been selling off or giving away everything - by Friday, I won't even have a sofa to sit on when I get home from school. The huge wooden speakers are gone. The two TVs and old computer were sold for $20 apiece. Everything's in boxes, and I'll have to face the reality of leaving my home soon, even though it hasn't been ours since 2 months ago. Being a tenant doesn't feel good.