Friday, February 19, 2010
Okay so anyway.
Today's freeblock day, so Xinyuan, Vic and I went to Pastamania to eat while our MPP video was downloading :D Before that Vic and I had a fairly interesting altercation. I was imitating the narrator of The Yellow Wallpaper and creeping around the classroom, and Vic tried to walk past me but couldn't. So she saw fit to stamp on the back of my shoe (instead of, say, pushing me, which I think might not have worked anyway because I'm too short to push over properly), and I got pissed and stamped on HER shoe since she stamped on the back of mine. Then she argued that she hadn't, after all, stamped on my shoe (since backs of shoes don't have much surface area), and we glared at each other until she stomped on the front of my shoe.
Then I declared that all was fair, since we both dirtied each other's left shoe. We then walked off satisfied and happy, and went back to discussing our plans for later while the rest of the class wondered what the fight was about. LOL.
(Though I still think she might've gotten the raw end of the deal, since my shoes haven't been washed in like a hundred years and are probably filthier than the soles of her sparkly white shoes. Wheehee.)
Anyway as part of our research, we had to watch, uh, political films. Again. A new addition was One Nation Under Lee, which should be a hallmark of lousy filmmaking. It had bad transitions, bad Neopets-like music and typos in the subtitles. Terrible. While I'm all for having political films allowed in Singapore, the quality of the political films we do have makes me wonder if the government wasn't just doing all this to protect the ordinary Singaporean from being bored to tears by them.
Pastamania was good but not great; Vic had a Creamy Chicken, Xinyuan a Mushroom Baked Rice plus Minestrone Soup and I ordered this Chicken Ham Cheesy Crumble thing and Clam Chowder. The cheese sauce was even more jelat than cream sauce :X I got sick of it halfway, but the clam chowder was good. Vic managed to finish her Creamy Chicken, yay :D
Then Vic and Xinyuan left for SLI rehearsal and I walked to Wheelock Place. After 3 years in RGS, Orchard Road feels like home. Also, I love how it's impossible to get lost there; I just walked down the road and found myself at Wheelock within 5 minutes.
I was looking for poetry, but Borders' poetry section is fairly pathetic. Like what, half an island shelf in the middle of the Literature section? Couldn't find anything much there (that didn't cost A Lot), and ended up buying the sequel to Freakonomics and The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai. An early birthday present to myself, since I won't be going out tomorrow.
I'm getting sick of my braces. Sigh 2 months more to go D: Sometimes I wonder if all the pain I endured was worth it. It's just teeth!