Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Today was pretty interesting.
We had SS first block on Singapore's foreign policy, and while the article Mr Azahar gave us basically said that Singapore was "self-servingly rational and legalistic" to the point of being highly annoying, I don't see what's wrong with Singapore's foreign policy. Yes, we're cold and unfeeling and terribly calculating, but I fail to see what's wrong with that. It's the way we survive! No room for touchy-feely sensitivities. TOO BAD, SUCK IT UP. MUAHAHAHAHA.
Math was supposed to be a free block because Ms Kum didn't come to school today, but she made us finish Assignment 2 and teach ourselves Linear Law -.- Most of us just did the assignment and heckcared the Linear Law. Xinyuan and I ended up discussing SS for most of the block.
Stayed in class during recess to do math. My life is sad.
Physics - unexceptional. I stoned during class and just randomly threw out answers because I just had physics tuition yesterday :D Well, at least my uncle will be happy to know that I actually do pay attention when he's explaining stuff.
(My uncle's style of teaching is quite frustrating, though. Instead of explaining concepts to me, he made me explain them to him :X I spent half the time struggling with technical terms and the other half trying to put them into a coherent sentence while he sat there smirking at me.)
We listened to Hallelujah during RALA; it's really soothing, but the Christians in the class had to explain the Biblical allusions in the song to us non-Christians, because most of us (obviously) haven't read the Bible before. I only read the kiddy condensed version with all the nice stories :D It got a bit awkward towards the end, because we had to discuss the sexual innuendos ("orgasmic pleasure") in the song. Then Sarah was like "Sex is divine!" HAHAHAHAHA.
For CLE we had to do a life-timeline thing. Mr Toh told us his life story, which ended in his fulfilling his dream to, uh, become a teacher in RGS. LOL.
Vic and I left CLE early to lunch with the HOTA team in the canteen :D Maggie was eating her kueh bulu (sp?) when Vic told her that she'd get a sore throat eating it. Maggie dearest promptly dropped her half-eaten kueh back into the box full of kueh :X and then offered the same box of kueh to Jing Hui, who ate a piece before she realised what was going on. Poor Jing Hui.
MoF debates were pretty cool; a certain school provided humour as usual, and Maggie+Jinghui were somewhat intimidatingly calm and composed. We were bitching with the Outram people during the debate ahaha. I think our school stood a good chance of winning, but ah well. Well done Maggie and Jing Hui anyway :D