Friday, January 15, 2010
I AM SO TIRED.
Kim, Mala, Lingyue and I went to teach little kids how to paint rocks today after school. It was fun at first when there were only 4 of them and they were sitting down doing their homework, but the kids soon got sick of homework and stuffed it back into their bags and started playing instead.
...By "playing" I mean they started pushing each other around and shouting.
One of the girls looked and acted a lot like Xinyuan. That one was, well, cute but annoying. She came in and started throwing stuff around (like her chair, but it landed in the right place so that was still okay), and then began complaining about her homework. Which we couldn't exactly blame her for, because her homework really WAS boring. Penmanship, sheesh. No wonder she got bored. One of the first things she said to us was "I AM NOT A HE!!!". To which I automatically replied "Just because you look like a 'he' doesn't mean that - " before I realised that I was talking to Xinyuan Mini and not Xinyuan herself. Luckily Mala stopped me :X
Then Xinyuan Mini (let's just call her J from now on) and her friend G decided to hold hands and dance around in a circle. But that wasn't enough to make them happy, so they suddenly skipped over and before I knew it, their hands were linked again and they were dancing AROUND me, their newfound prisoner. Wtf. And they had such gleeful looks on their faces too. Kids are pure evil in cute packages.
Rock painting was okay. Only 2 kids got paint on their clothes :D One decided to paint his hand gold-green instead of his rock (he was later heard shouting "I HATE MY ROCK! I HATE MY ROCK!" O.o) and the kids wasted loads of gold paint. But overall it was still fine :)
Then we gave out the balloons, and soon kids were playing balloon chapteh ("1! 2! 3! ...100 YAY I REACHED 100! *balloon falls to the floor*). Well, at least they had something to do before going home :X
Cleanup was horrible. Mala, Kim and I (Lingyue had to leave early) ended up mopping the floor with toilet paper because someone spilt half the contents of their full water bottle onto the floor, and there were paint streaks everywhere.
The kids were quite fun to play with (they taught us the new version of O Pillar Caterpillar!), but things got bad, fast, when two groups of them started pulling me in opposite directions while shouting "JIEJIE COME PLAY WITH US/ME!!!!!". Why do they even like me so much?! I'm such a frightening, antisocial person!