Saturday, January 30, 2010
I just realised that I hate it when people change. And if I feel this way even now, what about next year? Maybe people grow apart when they can no longer connect with each other or when the focus of their lives changes to something the other person can't possibly understand.
I'm scared of losing friends.
And by the way, I'm starting to rather dislike Facebook with all its trappings of fake friendship. You can have a few hundred friends on FB and still be utterly alone. It dilutes friendships like anything. There's no need to remember a friend's birthday anymore; there's FB Events to remind you! A dear friend of mine recently had her birthday, and I couldn't bring myself to add my own Happy Birthday to the others on her wall. It just felt like I'd be cheapening our friendship by doing so.
I remember now why I hated MSN at first, because with MSN people stopped talking on the phone. I hardly talk on the phone anymore, and miss having 3-hour conversations with friends. Somehow it's hard to convey feelings via MSN, because if words were skeletons, facial expressions and tone would be the flesh. A skeleton does not a complete person make.
So, dear friends, I know my birthday is coming up next month, but for all of you who read my blog, please do not wish me a happy birthday on Facebook. You can do so IRL or on the phone; I'll appreciate it more (: