Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Haven't really had time to blog these few days.
Monday: Had Exco meeting. We were Quite Productive (: Then Xinyuan and I went off to J8 to eat lunch (she ate at Subway while I watched, then I ate at the food court while she watched) before meeting up with Denise, Machang and Fengjing to watch HOLMES :DDD
It was pretty good (if slightly different from the original short stories), and I'm glad that they made Holmes fall in love with Irene Adler. They were practically MADE for each other. We suspected that Holmes might be bi, though, because he had this totally jealous look on his face whenever Dr Watson talked about his fiancé, and he kept trying to sabotage their marriage.
Tuesday: Was not a very happy day because MrLee is no longer our FT + SS teacher, and having new teachers means they'll need time to get used to our Rather Unorthodox Style. Yvonne gave them a rather...startling introduction to the class character. 411's basically a bunch of weirdos thrown together.
Then Vic and I met up with the juniors to film Sec1s eating lunch, which really meant that we went around holding huge videocams and harrassing Sec1s into answering our questions.
I'll quote Vic's blog here:
Crystal and I went around undoing all the welcomeness that PSLs gave to Sec1s during filming, by hissing "Sec onessssssss." in their general direction whenever a group of Sec 1s with high buttoned collars went past us.
And we tried to convince this group of Sec1s who were complaining about the 90secs it takes for the Hotbake machine to dispense a sandwich that you're actually supposed to do jumping jacks while you wait. We had totally straight faces and all. Plus we even managed to look really puzzled instead of outright smirking when I wondered out loud why they hadn't seen anyone doing that yet.
So if you see someone doing jumping jacks while waiting for Hotbake... DON'T SPOIL THE DAMN JOKE.
It was totally classic man. They looked like they actually BELIEVED us. Well, if all of them get Golds for PFT this year, they have us to thank.
GAC meeting was also productive. Heh. Coreate O.o Why do people even bother with names anyway? And SCIMUN! But RMUN's probably better la, so see how.
Today: Was okayish. We met our new Bio teacher, who seems all right. Lit was a free block for RALA, so we just read our new Lit texts (cost us $25 sigh). Art of the Short Story!
Physics was just the usual reflect-on-last-year's-attitude-and-set-goals-for-this-year stuff. As for Chinese, we got to meet all the Sec4 HCL teachers and find out which classes we were streamed into. Nothing interesting, really.
Training after CLE, which was quite bad because I had a pounding headache throughout (except during PT. Exercise actually does work wonders), and it refused to go away until a few hours ago. Sigh.