Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Oh I forgot to blog about 411's social experiment during lunch yesterday.
Our class table was full because there was a bunch of sec2s taking up a third of the table, so Denise and I stood up since we weren't holding bowls or anything.
Denise suddenly started swaying and went all "Hey Crystal, let's see how long we can keep this up before people start noticing us!". So the two of us swayed, then Leevoon and Xinyuan swayed, and soon the whole class started swaying together.
Then we started singing 月亮代表我的心,Yellow Submarine and other songs. Really loudly. While swaying.
People started noticing us.
Then I looked around and saw that the bunch of sec2s at the other end of the table were swaying and dancing too! :O
--
I don't know what this says about conformity, but it's pretty cool. Imagine what could happen if more and more people started swaying together and it spread to the entire student populace!
(Am trying not to think of the many disturbing psychology experiments that've been conducted to find out how far people will conform to the actions of the majority. OUR EXPERIMENT IS NICE AND HAPPY KAY.)