Saturday, December 19, 2009
Okay so for those who didn't see the previous post...
TOO BAD FOR YOU HAHAHAHAHA.
I swear I didn't know I wasn't supposed to talk about it!
And for those who didn't get it, well, I'm currently doing my WEP at Northwest CDC with Lingzhi and Jiayi (Hu). They let us work in different departments for the first few days, but now I'm permanently attached to Social Assistance and Lingzhi and Jiayi are in Projects.
Yes, I know you think interning with SA's dumb, because it's not dentistry or medicine or law and it definitely isn't prestigious. But I still love my job, because I like to see the clients go away happy after receiving food rations/vouchers/whatever aid they got :D
Xinyuan thinks I've been exploited, but if I have, I'm a happy exploitee. I've learnt a lot in five days, really. Most of it isn't stuff I'd be able to pick up in CLE lessons. And I've made new friends; the people at the CDC are all super nice to us (and to me, because I do their photocopying for them) haha.
My new nickname is "Meimei". I don't mind; it's nice to be the youngest person around (: It's just that my new name's usually used in a context like "Eh Meimei help me photocopy this file and send it to ______ thankyoubyebye"
I've almost settled into a routine too! Here it goes, roughly:
9am: Walk into the office with Jiayi and Lingzhi. They'll go off to find their boss, but since mine doesn't come in that early I'll either slack around and watch them work on their sandwich boards or go do archiving (basically just clearing the SA storeroom of old case files).
9.30am: Peek into the boss's office to see if she's there.
9.45am: Boss arrives, and usually she just tells me to continue clearing out the storeroom, so I go back and, well, continue.
12.30pm: Open the door of the conference room to get Jiayi and Lingzhi to go for lunch.
1.30pm: I'll assume my usual seat at the counter (behind the two CSAs - Customer Service Executives aka the Counter Ladies) and do whatever photocopying they ask me to do.
6pm: Knock off and leave the office.
Yeah I know it sounds pretty boring, but I love photocopying and sitting at the counter because I get to see the clients and hear their stories, and after that I'll get to photocopy their documents, which usually will explain why they're looking for assistance.
And clearing out the SA storeroom is okay because I read the case files when nobody's looking ;D They're all pretty interesting, but I can't blog about them T.T
Okay I know this sounds really weird, but I can't wait to go back to work on Monday yay (: