Thursday, November 19, 2009
Haha now the wordfilled post. ;D
Okay I don't know where to start.
So we've had to go back to school the entire week because of FAM video editing; was slightly stressful but mostly fun (:
On the last day of school (Day 2 of Arts Fest) Denise and I went round the school taking videos of the Sec4s and their teachers. Some of them gave really, uh,
interesting answers. Like the Kickaboy one; totally classic. Huifei says they're her seniors. I'm not surprised (: LD people are cool.
Monday was props-making day! Apparently sugarcanes aren't always green, but who cares. Denise drew all the sugarcanes because I can't draw for nuts. Luckily we have a house CAD for a comm I/C, or we'd have died on Tuesday.
Tuesday: filming plus editing. Subtitling is fun but really really tedious D:
Wednesday: We just went back to school to put in photos and slack around in the Magic Lab playing Neopets. Lol.
And yesterday! It was raining really heavily when I stepped out of the house, so I went to school in my AV shirt and culottes. The entire OT glared at me when I walked in :X Huifei promptly started a rant about how only Pageant comm was dressed properly (duh, they're the PAGEANT comm. If anyone should be suitably dressed it'd be them). So I ran off to find everyone else at the Koi Pond, where they were testing lavalier mikes and Vic's laptop with the DI box. Apparently the spoilt mikes that Hanis used during Arts Fest weren't broken after all! Yay.
Then we loaded all the equipment onto the bus and got the rest of the OT to help us hold our tripods heheh. Elaine had to hold hers between her knees :X
We reached Hilton early, but it turned out that we didn't need to be; they were having some sort of important meeting inside the Grand Ballroom and overran by one whole hour because their stupid VIP didn't show. And the hotel people kept shoving us away from the ballroom because "VIP COMING THROUGH! VIP COMING THROUGH!" -.- how annoying. They shooed the RJ streetdance people away too.
So we didn't have a lot of time for setup, but AV was still okay; the people in charge of putting the teddy bears on the tables looked rather flustered though.
Then FAM officially started, and everything was cool except that MrLee and Mr Nuh both left and we were left to run the show ourselves ):
The beatboxers and streetdancers were really good! I was bouncing to the beat the whole time and YanHan kept telling me to chill haha.
Pageant was probably enjoyable for the Sec4s. For us, it was just nerves, nerves, nerves all the time, and especially when the Countrymen (sp?) were being used. I had to use the tip of my fingernail to inch the fader controls up and down :X And some of the nominees' tracks were way too soft, so even when the volume was maxed (and the feedback really loud), the music still couldn't be heard. People kept gesticulating at us to make the music louder. At some point in time Denise finally stood up and shouted "IT'S AT MAX ALREADY!!!!" haha awesomee.
Murphy's Law was at work the whole time, I swear. Everytime I thought it was safe to take a bite of my food (we had packed dinners), something went wrong, like sudden feedback or people trying to use the mikes I'd muted.
Ohoh but we did manage to watch one performance: Brenda's teh tarik item! It was damn cool okay. When we first heard of the teh tarik item we thought it was going to be some coffeeshop talkshow, but it turned out to be way cooler. The one with the volunteer looked a bit...wrong though hahahaha. But anyway she totally deserves to be Miss FAM '09 :D
Video screening was okay, except I guess we should have made the font bigger for the opening message. Nobody except those near the screens could see it.
(Vic do you have a copy of the video? I want one leh (: )
The event ended early, so we had a sort-of afterparty with loads of music and (for the Sec4s) phototaking :D We tried to get Mr Nuh to sing but he refused, so Vic, Denise and I jumped around to Candyman, and the Sec4s went wild when we played Mirotic -.- Mr Angullia came to us when we were playing some song from Hannah Montana and asked us to stop, but we begged him for a last song and he mumbled abit and walked off. TEEHEE >) So we put on Womaniser and jumped around some more. The Sec2s, Mr Nuh and MrLee looked mildly horrified at our zi-highness. :D
Then Jaslyn came to us and said that there were still loads of teddy bears left, so we chionged over to the boxes of teddy bears and started grabbing them; it was a totally crazy teddy bear freeforall. VanessaC was waving a packet of packets of Oyster Mushroom Crisps, so I decided to be nice and lug that back to the AV corner too, but nobody wanted them D:
Cabbed home with my dad after that. The Christmas decorations on Orchard Road are beautiful, but I prefer the Candyland theme from last year (: