Thursday, November 5, 2009
500th post.
Netcarn :)
I'll just copypaste my email to the class yahoogroups.
Oh hello!
(Sorry long rant. If you're busy don't read.)
Personally, I think this was the best Netcarn I've ever been in. I mean, coming from classes I didn't really love in Sec 1 and Sec 2...whether or not my class won or lost it didn't really matter then, but today it did. That we all felt rather sad today is natural, because we all love 311 and want to see it do well.
But seriously? When we did that class put-hands-together thing after losing like 10 games in a row? I don't know about everyone else, but I felt like crying (with happiness!) because I thought that after losing so many games we'd start bickering and getting pissed off, but everyone just...banded together and tried harder. It was so touching D:
It doesn't matter if we win or lose the competition, because really, we gained a whole lot more today than we ever could have if we were a class full of athletic people. Many of us can't play for nuts and probably hate netball, but still joined the games today so that the regular players could take a break. If that's not called being bonded, I don't know what is.
Yup and the class photo we took after Netcarn today is on Facebook :D Check it out!
Haha I love 311 :D
Yes, we appeared loserish.
Yes, we lost 12 out of 14 games, except for 2 0-0 draws.
Yes, every other class owned us in everything else.
But seriously?
PFFT WHO CARES.
We played together. We lost together. We emoed together. And seriously, that's all that matters. Like Denise, I spent the last two years sitting on the sidelines and cheering for classes I didn't really feel for. And last year, I ran away to do FA duty because I didn't even feel needed at all, and couldn't really be bothered to see if we won or lost. Didn't matter anyway.
So good job 311 :D I'm insanely proud of everyone.