Friday, October 23, 2009
Today was a singularly sleepy day.
Woke up in the morning with a vague memory of the two dreams I had last night: one about a kidnapping (I escaped but then felt guilty because I'd left all my friends behind) and the other about a gunman attacking RGS. Sometimes our lack of a proper security system scares me greatly. There are so many ways a terrorist can attack :X
Then I reached school and went downstairs for shirt collection and realised I had to pay for AV photos :/ didn't have enough money after paying for class + RC photos, so my order got cancelled. Ah well.
RA Seminar today; prep was quite rushed because they only told us we had to set up a booth yesterday morning and we basically spent yesterday rushing out the designs and quotes. Then we started printing everything in the library this morning just before the seminar (with our own money too GRAH we're getting printing fees back from the school even if the talking kills my throat).
Our design is pretty! We had a row of tables dividing the classroom into two parts: the American Romantics and the British Romantics. We put all our PTs (and a bunch of soft toys O.o) on the Transatlantic Divide ahaha so cool.
It would've been okay then because RALA is amazingly efficient when we want to be, but then Yvonne rushed into the library to tell us that we
didn't have a room to set up in.
Wtf? Apparently RA History took our room, because THEIR room got taken by some Sec4 class or something. Still, that's no reason to boot us out of ours! Maybe they didn't realise it was our classroom, but it'd have been nice to check. Worse still, all of them apparently decided to file out of their conquered space at 8.35 am when we were already resigned to our fate and had started setting up in the shared classroom on the first floor. SHEESH. How annoying.
Business was relatively brisk, but practically nobody turned up for our talk :X It's not our fault we didn't have fancy graphics or powerpoint slides like Geog RA, because we were the only Sec3 RA class doing RA Sem and someone decided that we shouldn't be informed about the seminar until after paperchecking. Grah. Yvonne did most of the talking and I did the Difficulties/Personal Experiences bit. Lydia and Karen were in charge of the (made on-the-spot) powerpoint and fielding questions.
Had a GAC meeting after we wound up for the day. I've no idea why I'm in GAC, actually; MrLee just decided that we were in GAC and therefore...we were in GAC. So Mr Chew was standing there talking about social advocacy and everything, and I shan't put everything I feel on record but I think One Chapter's pledge-taking ceremony during morning assembly was decidedly fake. *resists temptation to say more*
Finally at 2pm we had WSC selection trials. A World Divided; think I flunked it. Whatever. Couldn't concentrate on writing the essay because I had a bad runny nose thanks to the cold I finally developed after 2 weeks of on-and-off sore throats.
Urgh I feel like I've too much on my plate already. Wonder how Xinyuan stands it.
I'm currently feeling sick and somewhat miserable because my nose is blocked and I've lost my sense of smell. Sian.