Saturday, October 24, 2009
I keep blogging because there's nothing better to do when you're convalescing (holy shit I got that word right on the first try yeahmanzzz I rock) at home.
Anyway this post is going to be on how much I love Grade 6 piano!
...Um, I love my piano pieces. A lot. And ahaha I'm learning them really fast (my idea of "fast" is averaging 2 lessons per piece; one intro and one to finish off and start a new piece - piano geniuses out there stop laughing) much to the surprise of my teacher, who's given up on me and thinks I'm a major piano retard.
It's not even totally my fault. I mean, those who know me will know that I have a major problem with sweaty palms. (I'm like getting sweaty palm now just THINKING about sweaty palms ohman.)My fingers keep slipping off the keys at the fast parts. Sometimes when they're really slippery they slide right off the damned keyboard. How to play the piano like this?!
But I shall survive the odds. Slowly. And improve on my sight reading ahaha I failed it in Grade 5 and my teacher was like "Eh the guy's actually quite lenient already; you ALMOST passed!"
I want to learn to play The Buccaneer, but I need to concentrate on the pieces I'm actually playing first. Sigh.
[edit] Anabelle I see you! And actually I secretly stalk your blog sorry :X hope you don't mind!