Thursday, October 8, 2009
Math was wayyy easier than we thought (mainly because Mr Yang kept telling us that it was Not Easy and we were all panicking) except for 8b)ii). It would've been an okay paper, except that they gave us so much time that it was like a mental holiday :/ And one of the questions was super annoying la I thought Vic would laugh at me for not seeing the solution but she didn't see it at first too!
I just realised that this blog is becoming really negative. Let's talk about something cheerful instead.
BARNEY IS A DINOSAUR IN OUR IMAGINATION~~~
Okay whatever. I'll tell you a true story instead. It happened in my bathroom at 5.50am in the morning.
Sequence of events:
1. As usual, I was changing into my uniform in the bathroom, so I grabbed my blouse and was about to put it on when I heard a faint clink.
2. It sounded like something metallic dropped, so I turned around just in time just to see the backing of my Ebadge sink into the watery depths of the toiletbowl.
3. I spent the next 10 seconds thinking through my options. To retrieve or not to retrieve?
4. Internal debate: I could always replace the backing again (this is, like, my 3rd one) or I could just pick it up. If I replaced the backing I'd have to go hunt for another badge with a suitable backing, but I don't really have that many to spare. But hunting for waterproof gloves would take too long, so if I picked it up I'd have to do it with my bare hands. :/
5. I decided that I really couldn't afford to waste any more backings, so I
6. took a deep breath
7. and plunged my hand into the water.
...and you thought you had a bad day. Be glad you're not me.