Sunday, September 20, 2009
Yay yesterday was fun :D
I slept in, had breakfast etc and finished assignment 2 on Trigo (rather belatedly, I know).
Around noon I realised that my mum hadn't started cooking and I only needed to be at Raffles City by 3 = nobody was going to lunch with me! So I started whining about my sad, no-lunch-company life and promptly got sent into the kitchen to chop up ingredients for lunch (mum: "If you're going to moan about my not cooking, go help me with it!")
After lunch I chionged out of the house to meet with Yoony, Charisse, Jinghui (who couldn't come in the end) and Xinyuan to see the
PROLETARIAT POETRY FACTORY in action :D It was a pre-Singapore Writers' Festival event. Cool.
It was awesome. Yoony's mentor (Ng Yi-Sheng) was there, and all the poets were dressed in red boiler suits (which we thought were jumpsuits; Yoony's mentor later clarified that it was an "overall") and instead of nametags they all had "SERVILE POET" sewn onto their suits!
Apparently people were supposed to order poems by giving them a word for inspiration, and come back to collect them later. Paying was optional, but of course everyone felt bad and put money into this little kettle they had for donations (:
We ordered three poems:
1. For Yoony's mentor: "Clear"
2. For --- (until the person receives it I shan't say): "Teddy Bear" (okay this is kind of a giveaway, but never mind.)
3. Can't say anything about this one. It's for someone's birthday.
It was all too cool, and Ng Yi-Sheng's finely choreographed wrist exercises were fascinating. Xinyuan was too focused on getting me to stop staring at his wrist exercises to notice -.- too bad for her.
Okay shoutout to Yoony: Thanks for telling us about it; it was awesomeeee :D Wish they had seats outside Gloria Jean's, though. My legs were dying after 1 1/2 hours of standing around. At least I wasn't wearing heels or anything.