Saturday, September 26, 2009
Sometimes I play around with the idea of making this blog private.
--
ICCS today was quite okay la.
What scared me was when I reached the Dhoby Ghaut bus stop at 6.20 am in the morning and found a whole horde of men there. I don't know what they were doing there and I wouldn't have cared, but they were annoying.
They had a PORTABLE RADIO with them and were basically playing it for the, ahem, benefit of everyone else at the bus stop. At 6.20 am in the morning. It wasn't even good music; was basically some woman yowling to a 1980s tune. Wtf.
Then the bus came, and the whole bunch of them freaking SQUEEZED RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME to get onto the bus. I'm not even talking about the Ladies First thing. They don't even have the common courtesy to let those already in front get on first. I felt like elbowing them, but they smelt like they hadn't taken a bath in ages.
And they talked really loudly on the bus. Plus everyone else had to smell their B.O. for the entire bus ride.
Still don't think I'm xenophobic yet? That's because I didn't mention they were foreigners. I won't mention which country they were from. You may start screaming "INTOLERANT BEEETCH" at me now, but remember, you were all angry before you let your preconceived notion of chauvinistic Singaporeans take over. Even foreigners ought to obey laws of common decency. You can push and shove in your country, but don't you dare do it in mine.