Saturday, August 22, 2009
Sigh okay I'm not sure whether anyone still visits this place anymore. Haven't been updating recently.
I've had a crazy week. Seriously.
--
Monday: Had SS PT speech. I was dead tired after working all night on Sunday to finish it, so I slept in class during lunch. Was woken up by Xinyuan telling me I'd won the WPYW competition, but I was half-asleep and mumbled something like "oh, good" before crashing again. Oh, but if I'd known what all that would lead to X.x
SS PT speech was okayish; I rattled my 2-page speech off too fast and got asked a few questions by a stern-looking MrLee, which was scary because he was grinning evilly at everyone else.
After the speech, I got a call from Nathaniel (organizer of the WPYW competition) about publication in The Hammer (fine) and interview with the Straits Times (not fine). I realised I couldn't go for the prize-giving ceremony because of Evac Gold modular workshop and told him so. He was quite nice about it la.
Tuesday: It was fine, except that we were abruptly informed by Mr Lee in the morning to meet Mr Chew after school in the library about the National Day Rally student forum Vic, Xinyuan and I had signed up for the week before. Turns out the Sec3s kena saboed to form feedback groups for a selection round by the organizers, after which (if we got selected) we'd have to present our feedback about the NDR in front of Dr Vivian Balakrishnan X.x Our group consisted of Anna (Sec4), Wu Wei, Xinyuan and me.
Wednesday: Chionged out a powerpoint presentation because some woman from REACH made us. It was so unfair lah, we had like practically zero notice to come up with something and we still had CCA/other commitments on top of it.
At the same time, I got an email from Haoxiang (reporter from ST) forwarded by WP. Something about an email interview, but I was completely zoned out and went off to sleep.
Thursday: Was quite fun. After Chinese (in which I wrote my longest essay ever in exam conditions!) Denise, Vic, Xinyuan and I went to PS to, uh, eat at Yoshinoya. Beef bowls are awesome.
Lit was scary. I worry for my Lit grade point. Eeek.
Then we met Mr Chew for a short while to discuss the final details of our NDR presentation, which was edited slightly according to Mrs Hoo's wishes (Mr Chew also provided advice).
Debate training at 2pm was more of a decision of roles. I took reserve :D I'm not sure whether the details of our speaking order should be confidential, so I won't record them here.
OH SHOOT I'M SUPPOSED TO TYPE OUT THE NOTES OF OUR DISCUSSION. ARGHHH SHALL DO IT AFTER...uh, I finish this post.
When I got home I got an Annoyed SMS from Xinyuan, who told me that Haoxiang was asking her questions too. Whoops.
Okay anyway I called Haoxiang back and attempted to convince him to pull the article or at least my school name out of the papers, to no avail. But he was nice about it, and the article didn't turn out so bad after all :D (At least it was fairly small. Good.)
Friday: Was okayish, except that the NDRF was really quite uninteresting. Sad la. Our presentation had no pictures, which I think in most people's minds constitutes a bad presentation, but I feel it was good in a sense because it really was quite focused and informative, albeit rather boring. SRJC's would have been good if they were more to the point, and if they didn't keep extolling their school's virtues once every 30 seconds. Their script was excellent, though. VJC's was overall quite good la.
Yesterday: Evac Gold modular workshop! I was feeling sick throughout thanks to a lack of sleep and the stress throughout the past week, though.
Am now sunburnt and happy but I desperately need to revise my Evac. Uhoh.