Friday, August 28, 2009
Belated, but WELL DONE CAC'09 PEOPLE :DDDD Ownage la!
--
My feet hurt like crazy. I borrowed my mum's court shoes but my feet are slightly smaller so the back of the shoe kept eroding the skin on my heels. Pain pain pain.
MPP debate finals today at NUS Moot Court were quite fun! RGS were the first three government teams; Misuse of Drugs (Amendment) went first, followed by Euthanasia and finally Political Films (Amendment) <3! MDA vs Opp was quite a clear win on our side. Props to NYGH, though - their presence truly livened up the first debate of the day. (:
I wasn't really following the debate between Euthanasia and NUS High except when we were trying to spot fallacies in the opposition's argument, but Euthanasia won so they must've been good. Congrats to Euthanasia!
Next was our team vs Gloria's. Before the debate we were pleading with each other to be merciful hahaha. They put up quite a good argument, considering the fact that our bill is really really hard to oppose. I was reserve; Charisse was first speaker, Vic second speaker, Xinyuan third speaker and Yoony fourth speaker. Q&A was quite screwedup for me because I raised my hand without thinking through what I had to say first, so my point came out quite convoluted. But I think the audience got it la so nevermind. Our team was much improved from Tuesday, so well done people :D
Next was lunch; I had a gigantic plate of briyani + beancurd + some sort of bean stew + baby spinach cooked with green beans and iced chrysanthemum tea. Quite nice but rather salty, and stupid GE Branch is getting stingier - Moot Court might be next to a food court, but that's no excuse to make us buy our own lunch!
Didn't really listen to the next two debates because I was feeling really sleepy. ACS(I) is awesome, though :D They're so entertaining. RI was funny too.
I didn't agree with a lot of the adjucators' points in general for our debate as well as others', but as this is a public blog I shan't elaborate.
Shall just conclude here because I need to study for Evac tomorrow. Thanks to all the teachers, our mentors and the people who came down to support us (but hey you guys got to pon class for one day)!