Friday, July 31, 2009
Today was quite fun, really.
First block was Physics. Ms Ning decided to hang a ball from the projector, giving all the AV people in the class (of which there were 4) a near-coronary. Then she wondered why the words on the screen were out of focus -.- Vic got on a chair and refocused the projector. On the bright side, it's now clearer than before :D
RALA was...same-same. Intro to Wordsworth, we got We Are Seven and Strange Fits Of Passion (one of the Lucy poems!).
Assembly depressed me. We were supposed to be giving feedback about the school, but Vic and I were thoroughly disgusted by the atas school philosophy thingy they made us read and started complaining about that too. People started complaining left right centre, sigh. Everyone seems to have grievances, even the sports CCA people.
I mean, what's with the repeated mentions of "Noblesse Oblige" this year? We aren't standing on a freaking pedestal, for goodness' sake. We have more stressful lives, learn a bit more, but other than that we are just PEOPLE, not the upper class. And I hate the stupid PRGS Golf Tournament thing. So if your parents are a big deal and can afford to pay bundles of money to play golf (one person $400 omg), they deserve to be part of the Elite Parents Of RGS? My toes are laughing. $50 for dinner, just to rub shoulders with the who's who of society? I'm not interested, and neither are my parents. Who by the way did not spend thousands getting me tutors before the PSLE just so I could scrape into RGS on waves of banknotes and not talent. Admission's supposed to be based on merit, right? And I seriously doubt there are many people (though definitely some) who got into RGS because of anything but hard work and brains, so I hope nobody signs up for their thing. Elitist stomas.
Though that might just reflect what the entire administration thinks, seeing as they keep asking us to pay for things we didn't sign up for. -.- Like Chem Quiz, which I'd have gone for anyway but I like to have the right to choose? Sigh.
Chinese = boring as usual. Skip. My mind was wandering during Chem because it was Periodic Table, but the demo video was super cool. I want some caesium to put in water too! Mmm the Group 1 metals looked like blocks of silvery butter being cut. Yummy.
Today we had the long-awaited RALA CES birthday celebration! We sang a birthday song to ourselves, then dug into Long Italian Name Cake, which had alcohol in it. Cheryl was in charge of cutting the cake but realised she couldn't because there was a biscuit inside hahaha. Dr S had to take over and succeeded where Cheryl couldn't by brutally stabbing at the cake until the biscuit broke. :D Yvonne looked scandalised when she realised she'd be consuming alcohol, and declared that she needed to be sober for her SMP presentation later.
Then we ate the tiramisu cake, which had MORE alcohol in it. And the cakes were super highclass too, which means they were probably not stingy with the alcohol. O.o We got really high after that and started declaring our love for the Deputy Principal, Director of Academic Studies and the school administration in general. :O
Halfway through class Sarah suddenly hit Hannah. Turns out Hannah asked Sarah to hit her because she was feeling dizzy from the alcohol already. Vic and Xinyuan became extraordinarily lucid, while I got a headache, which later morphed into lucidity too. Good.
CES was cut short by AV meeting, which was awesomely fun because we hatched secret plans to take over the world! Yay.
Then everyone went home, and Vic and I went to Daiso to buy cheap, useless but pretty things. Awesome.