Saturday, July 18, 2009
"So...this is where I go after I die? I always thought we would fade into non-existence - there is no place on Earth that can keep growing to fit all the souls that ever existed since the dawn of time."
"There isn't, but who said it had to be on Earth? Does the universe have an edge?"
"No. We theorised that each time an object reaches the end of the universe, it pushes its boundaries even further."
"But then again, some of us do stay on Earth. We explore the planets, but no other planet is as fascinating as the one where Life itself originated."
"Do people ever see you?"
"Some can. They are the ones with the gift to see us as we were, in human or animal or even in plant form. But people like you, normal people, you sense us too."
"We do?"
"You see us in your dreams, don't you?" *laughs* "But more than that, if you stop talking and start listening, you will feel our presence.
"We are the breeze that cools you when it is too hot to go on. We follow you around, at the edge of your shadow, always watching over you. We are the rustling of the leaves on a cool autumn's day, the warmth of the sun during summer, the first raindrop before a storm."
"And so I wait to join you in your fantasy world."
"Yes, you will. And we will wait for you too."