Saturday, July 4, 2009

Remind me why I love buffets. Yesterday was awesome :D

My parents made a reservation at Great World City's Kuishin-Bo yesterday to celebrate my mum's birthday. It's the best buffet restaurant ever, seriously. Not the cheapest, but the value you get is amazing. It's been my favourite restaurant for a while.

Photos when I upload them into my computer! Oh gosh for appetizers they had baby octopus and cubes of really good cheese from I-don't-know-where. And ginseng chicken porridge and oden and chawanmushi and dobinmushi crayfish mussels fresh sashimi teppanyaki, coffee that pwns Starbucks, green tea ice cream, authentic Japanese green tea aaaahhh gastronomical heaven.

Halfway through the meal my left slipper strap broke :/ I limped around trying to get the restaurant staff to find tape for me, but they didn't have any and gave us a tube of superglue instead. Good enough. We glued the strap back on, but my dad overestimated my shoe size, so I was still left limping with an overloose strap. Sigh. Quite sad la, those slippers were really pretty D:

I wanted to wait till we got back to Sengkang to buy a new pair of slippers, but my mum (who has lots of experience with shoes, as well as every other type of clothing) prophecised my Death By Tripping Over Own Shoe While Boarding The Bus, so we walked (I limped) through three shoe shops looking for a new pair. We found a new pair in Novo after trying, like, 5 pairs of shoes :/ but my new slippers are really chio! And the soles are thick so I'm an inch taller when I wear them, heh. Tall people won't understand the pains short people go through to make themselves appear taller.

--
[edit] I can't really remember what was said, but I just remembered the Matriarch wore jacketplusjeans and not AV shirt and culottes. Whoops.

Random conversation:

Someone (forgot who): "What should we wear for --?"
Me: "AV shirt and culottes? The matriarch wore that last year."
Vic: "No, she wore a jacket plus jeans. But we don't want to look like the resident handymen."
Everyone: "But we ARE the resident handymen!"
*mournful silence as truth dawns*
Disclaimer

Be offended if you want by my writings; it's your blood pressure, not mine. (:





your mirror

sixteen. 12A01B; formerly a chopstick. ex-coralite, ex-riverlite, ex-rosythian and now a rafflesian.
member of rgsrcy&aikirinashi; love always
and rgavpa - girls in black.

hobo. part-time PUSSian. forever a sexysixfifteener <3


sticks and stones



and the lights dim

© Layout by Tracy.
Amanda
Alicia
Anabelle
Audrey
Bernice
Celine
Cheng Jing
Cheryl
Clare
Cloudy+Josh
Dawn
Dawn
Dawne
Denise
Germaine
Gloria
Grace
Gregory
Huiran
Janne
Jarrad
Jingjie
Jingyi
Joie
Joseph
Justin
Karen
Leevoon
Lingzhi
Munirah
Rachel
Rach
Rohan
Russell
Ruth
Sherry
Sindhu
Verna
Victoria
Wesley
Xinyuan
Yirong

CAPpers'08
SOS: CAP'08
Yearblog
AVbatch'10!
6-14/6-15 2006
113 '07
212 '08
311 '09
----
» February 2008
» March 2008
» April 2008
» May 2008
» June 2008
» July 2008
» August 2008
» September 2008
» October 2008
» November 2008
» December 2008
» January 2009
» February 2009
» March 2009
» April 2009
» May 2009
» June 2009
» July 2009
» August 2009
» September 2009
» October 2009
» November 2009
» December 2009
» January 2010
» February 2010
» March 2010
» April 2010
» May 2010
» June 2010
» July 2010
» August 2010
» September 2010
» October 2010
» November 2010
» December 2010
» January 2011
» February 2011
» April 2011
» May 2011