Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Nothing interesting happened lately, except that our relief teacher for Math looks like she'd be better off as a guy because as a girl, she'd invite the wrong kind of attention. :X Vic thinks she looks like Hanazawa Rui (some cute Jap actor), but her voice is typically girly.
--
MPP briefing today was amusing. The guy who led us around was really long-winded, but at least there were videos of parliamentary sessions to watch.
The walls of the toilets at Parliament House aren't soundproof at all. D:
Mock debate was totally embarrassing. They wanted 4 people from each school to take part at first, but it got whittled down to 2 so Xinyuan and I got saboed, and somehow she got to be an Opposition MP while I was stuck as the Prime Minister. Sigh.
They gave us this fake bill to read out; it was something about banning violent cartoons so as to prevent innocent kiddies' minds from being sullied with blood and gore. Completely ridiculous, but debating it was fun. :D
Was super phail on my end la, some guy made a comment about how campaigns can take the place of banning violent cartoons and I was like "Uh, who listens to campaigns anyway?!" and everyone laughed because the PM isn't supposed to say such things. X.x
Oh and I mistook Tom and Jerry for Ben and Jerry's. In a speech. As the Prime Minister. Arrrghhhh.
When will the results be out~~~