Sunday, June 21, 2009
I am so weird. In fact, I think I have multiple personality disorders.
For example, my love for all things ironed borders on obsession. I just attempted to iron PE shorts when packing for Sec3 Tcamp. Yes, PE SHORTS. NOBODY IRONS PE SHORTS. And I just finished ironing all my shirts when I know that I'll be folding them and bouncing them around in my bag and crumpling them again. I don't know why I'm doing it, but somehow if I don't iron all my shirts this voice in my head will start nagging me to do it until I can't stand it anymore and get out the ironing board and IRON ALL THE CLOTHES IN MY CUPBOARD AND MY MUM'S CUPBOARD TOO.
I also love washing my hands. Arghhhhh. Mainly because I tend to interpret back pain as possible kidney disease and a persistent cough as some harbinger of serious lung illness, so to lessen the chances of my getting the flu (which everyone knows can cause death by pneumonia or a cytokine storm), I wash my hands regularly. Maybe a little too much, but death by sodium lauryl sulfate skin erosion is infinitely preferable to a preventable death from H1N1.
If someone's talking to me, I sometimes have this annoying tendency to pay attention to everything but what the person is saying. Just now, my mum was talking about the latest fashion trends in Urban. I replied her with a "Omg look at that pigeon pecking at itself outside the window. Boy is it FAT! :O"
This is it. I probably have some sort of obsessive-compulsive disorder as well as ADHD. I mean, I already have hypochondria - what else would be surprising?