Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Yesterday was...draining.
Temperature-taking exercises are conducted twice-daily now; the whole atmosphere is somewhat reminiscent of SARS except that the tinted innocence of childhood no longer exists and it feels a little more sombre this time round. Nostalgia, maybe, but I wish for the time when we took our temperatures robotically each day before school started - and when we worried about nothing but getting scolded for forgetting our thermometers; when we knew how but not why.
As for the exams, well, SS was pretty expected but I think I got rather incoherent because time was running out and everything. There is so little time to finish nowadays. Chem was okay; would even have been easy if only we had another 10 minutes to do the paper. I made a calculation error with one of the questions and screwed up the 7-mark one by anyhowly writing down my statements.
And then I got a slight fever before training, but miraculously my temperature was pretty okay throughout training and shot back up after. Apparently I got a stress-induced fever, because when I got home and relaxed, the fever was gone. No fever today, either.
Tomorrow's PFT
oh how will I cope with everything and please, somehow, let me have the strength to survive tomorrow and after that, till the end of next week.
--
[edit] On a creepy note, I finished reading Lord Of The Flies today. It was equal parts creepy and depressing. Not good.
But on a creepier note, Xinyuan is becoming increasingly violent (she hit me at least twice today) and bimbo (sensually draped herself right across the teachers' table during MPP). She is also slowly morphing into a female cyborg. This can only mean that she, not Vic, is morphing into the Matriarch. Uhoh. Unexpected turn of events. But it can only get more interesting from here. Teehee.