Thursday, May 28, 2009
Oh, today was totally screwed up.
Went to school today with a light heart and a lighter bag (containing only my pencilcase, a paperback and Math worksheets on Logarithms) expecting to miss half the day's lessons for the Lit talk at RI.
Everything went fine until assembly, when halfway through all the Lit students who signed up for the talk were asked to assemble at the foyer. We thought the bus had arrived, but it hadn't, so everyone waited around while Vic and I went to drag Xinyuan out from the announcement queue.
Xinyuan started dragging
me towards the announcement queue instead. :/ Apparently she and Jinghui were supposed to announce Inkspiration's new themes for the month, but Jinghui wasn't around and she was stuck there by herself. -.-
We made the announcement (I didn't even know what the themes were, but we survived somehow) and chionged back to the foyer...only to realise that the bus STILL hadn't arrived. The talk was starting at 8am. It WAS 8am by the time we got back. Oh, joy. The bus finally arrived at 8.10am, but by then we'd already given up hope and had started shuffling back to class. The teachers were pretty disappointed, but explained that it'd be somewhat rude to have 70 girls barge in halfway through the talk (which was supposed to end at 9). Sighh.
Zombied through the rest of the day with no notes for half the classes because I didn't expect to be there anyway.
Am I really becoming oppositionparty-ish? What a scary thought. I think I shall go read the Straits Times to brainwash myself back to normal. :D