Thursday, May 14, 2009
We got back Math today.
*moment of silence*
Uh I don't know what to say about my marks. I got class average, which I suppose is pretty okay, seeing as our class is well known for being brilliant at everything. (I'm not even kidding. Can't think of a subject 311's lousy at.)
But as I was walking home I thought about how many people seemed so scared about their parents' reactions to their marks (which in some cases wasn't even that bad), and I suddenly felt grateful for mine. I mean, I think part of the reason why they don't scold me whenever I do badly for exams is that they can neither do my papers nor tutor me, but they'd still have every right to reprimand me for not doing well. But they don't. And the only person I'm truly afraid of disappointing is myself.
Which is a good thing, by the way.
--
2.4 was pretty bad. My timing sucked, but I disappointed myself by not giving my best - I was practically cruising along the whole way. The fact that I could sprint when yearmates told me to was proof that I hadn't been pushing myself hard enough after all.
But thankyou yearmates for running with me <3 Couldn't see because I didn't look back, but it felt like half the year was behind me cheering me on. That last round was...well. Amazing.
Sigh. At least it's still a Gold for NAPFA (:
P.S. Congrats Alicia and Ruth :D Jiayou!