Friday, May 1, 2009
Math was awful. AWFUL, I SAY.
I'm going to fail it and I don't really care.
--
A certain teacher:
"Have I told your class this before? Oh, I haven't? Well, let me tell you: I always get free tissue from the petrol kiosk whenever I top up the petrol for my car. I keep all the extra tissue in the boot. On the day you get back your ______ (her subject) papers, I hope I won't have to start moving out my boxes of tissue to comfort you. "
But she's really quite nice;
"You all should do well for _____. In fact, I think your class is the strongest out of my 4/5/6 (can't remember) classes, so I shall set a goal of 4.0 for everyone. If your entire class gets 4.0, I'll treat you to ice-cream. WITH MY OWN MONEY. Teehee. I set a goal of 3.6 for all my other classes because I don't think they can do so well."
And her most classic quote ever, my favourite:
"I don't understand how some of you can get 19/25 for this worksheet when others can get 22 or 23/25. I am SUCH a thorough teacher. I have given you all that you need to score full marks! Haven't I given you enough examples on how to write a proper statement? *rolls eyes* But
some girls just refuseeeeee to read through the examples, they refuseeeeeeeeeee to do their corrections, so I make you all do your corrections in class. But some people insist on doing it THEIR OWN WAY. If you all listen to me, you can't go wrong. I am very thorough in my teaching."
I know the above sounds super sarcastic and everything, but don't get me wrong; I like her a lot, really. She's got an ego, but she really is a good teacher. It's just that her mannerisms and the way she speaks are so unusual that I couldn't help but blog them. I think those in her classes will understand what I mean.
--
And I don't care if PCK Pte Ltd is low-brow humour that takes cheap shots at stereotypes; I still love it all the same. Wth is M.A.S.H anyway?! High-class humour? What's that? I think placing yourself above "the rest" is plain arrogant and elitist. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but this deeply unsettles me.