Thursday, May 14, 2009
Just now after 2.4 Denise, Xinyuan and I were talking about random things when the topic suddenly turned to, well, why things suck.
Anyway Denise said something really admirable. She said "I might suck at 2.4, but I don't think it sucks."
Which I fully agree with. Her point was that how well you do for something should not affect your opinion of the thing itself. But how many of us have the courage to admit it? I say I hate Chinese all the time, but to tell the truth, I don't. Really. I do think the way it's taught in RGS should be changed, though.
I'm running the risk of social suicide here, but I am going to categorically state here that learning Chinese can be fun. In fact, I like the language because it's meaningful; more meaningful than English, even. But I'm terrible at it because I don't like it as a subject and I don't understand it.
Xinyuan brought up another point: Do people say they can't be bothered about something because they really don't care, or because it's easier to lie to themselves and say doing badly doesn't affect them at all because, well, they don't care for it anyway?
I think we're all guilty of that, but it's pretty much a part of human nature. Ah well.
--
I don't wanna wake up today'Cause everyday's the sameAnd I'd been waiting so longFor things to changeI'm sick of this townSick of my jobSick of my friends 'cause everyone's jadedSick of this place, I wanna break freeI'm so frustrated, I just wannaJump! (Jump!)Don't wanna think about tomorrow (Jump!)I just don't care tonightI just wanna jump (Jump!)Don't wanna think about my sorrowLet's goForget your problemsI just wanna jump-- Jump, Simple Plan
I missed listening to SP. (: