Saturday, May 16, 2009

Okay so we had our preliminary Bill Presentation today at NYGH.

Getting there was awful. I was working on the script till midnight the night before and didn't have time to map my route like I normally do, so I just grabbed the bus guide and left the house, hoping that Nanyang would be easy to find.

Yeah, right. I had to ask someone at the bus stop for directions; even then I suspect I got off at the wrong bus stop, because I walked DAMN FAR before I got to Nanyang. In the end I went up on a random overhead bridge and tried to spot Nanyang's clocktower. Couldn't find it but I saw NJC. Close enough, so I ran in that direction and eventually got to the school half an hour late. -.- Eventually my teammates told me that the presentation would only be starting at 9 :/ And I ran all the way! Spent the next 30 minutes editing script/rehearsing.

ACS(I) went first, and they brought their own Apple with them wtfomg. Their Powerpoint wasn't even a Powerpoint but some sort of pro presentation. Xinyuan did some research and realised they were using Keynote :/ They were pretty good in terms of content, too.

Then Nanyang went. I won't say much, but they were quite kelian D:

Ours was...okay? We didn't really get very good feedback because people were looking for clarification as opposed to finding holes in our bill, but at least we didn't get slammed. Much.

HCI's bill was the closest to ours in terms of topic; they did a bill on the Public Order Act. I was full and sleepy after our presentation so I didn't really hear what they were saying.

Anyway it was fun asking questions and everything, but I think I was pretty mean to one of the teams during their Q&A. Still, as Mr Lee said, it's better to die today than on the 27th next month when the judges will be watching.

Some people are fairly annoying -.- I don't know if it was residual anger/resentment from the presentation or from 3 years back, but flicking your hair is NOT a good way to show that you're, I don't know, not bothered or something. Neither is nodding curtly when people say hi, but at least it's better than preening O.o or whistling, for that matter.
Disclaimer

Be offended if you want by my writings; it's your blood pressure, not mine. (:





your mirror

sixteen. 12A01B; formerly a chopstick. ex-coralite, ex-riverlite, ex-rosythian and now a rafflesian.
member of rgsrcy&aikirinashi; love always
and rgavpa - girls in black.

hobo. part-time PUSSian. forever a sexysixfifteener <3


sticks and stones



and the lights dim

© Layout by Tracy.
Amanda
Alicia
Anabelle
Audrey
Bernice
Celine
Cheng Jing
Cheryl
Clare
Cloudy+Josh
Dawn
Dawn
Dawne
Denise
Germaine
Gloria
Grace
Gregory
Huiran
Janne
Jarrad
Jingjie
Jingyi
Joie
Joseph
Justin
Karen
Leevoon
Lingzhi
Munirah
Rachel
Rach
Rohan
Russell
Ruth
Sherry
Sindhu
Verna
Victoria
Wesley
Xinyuan
Yirong

CAPpers'08
SOS: CAP'08
Yearblog
AVbatch'10!
6-14/6-15 2006
113 '07
212 '08
311 '09
----
» February 2008
» March 2008
» April 2008
» May 2008
» June 2008
» July 2008
» August 2008
» September 2008
» October 2008
» November 2008
» December 2008
» January 2009
» February 2009
» March 2009
» April 2009
» May 2009
» June 2009
» July 2009
» August 2009
» September 2009
» October 2009
» November 2009
» December 2009
» January 2010
» February 2010
» March 2010
» April 2010
» May 2010
» June 2010
» July 2010
» August 2010
» September 2010
» October 2010
» November 2010
» December 2010
» January 2011
» February 2011
» April 2011
» May 2011