Saturday, May 9, 2009
And so I screwed Lit yesterday. Almost cried when I reached home and realised the magnitude of what I'd done; started calculating GPAs like crazy and realised that I need at least a 16 for MYA in order to get 3.6, and a 21 to get 4.0. Nearly impossible, yes, but I shall dream. Let's just hope I haven't failed it, though I probably have - argument still relatively coherent but my thesis statement and conclusion didn't match the stand I had in my analysis.
Self-contradiction, yes. I should just have done what Dr Sakhar jokingly suggested we do in the event that we find ourselves contradicting ourselves in the exam: flop and pretend to faint, then ask for a retest.
But why did I go ahead to take the paper when I was in a feverish stupor?
Seems like I'm going crazy over grades and exams. During both the Math papers I was holding back tears because I couldn't do the papers and I didn't get the questions and there were just all these waves of disappointment coming at me - why can't I understand this when I spent so long preparing for the exam, why, why, why. Maybe it's the expectations I set for myself, but Math is driving me crazy and the 4.0 I got in Sec2 seems like a distant dream now.
And sometimes I wonder if I should've joined RA in the first place. I am so Not The RA Student Type. Too unfocused, too dreamy and too quiet in class.
--
Grooming yesterday after Lit was pretty fun, though (: Arrived late and ended up getting a seat in some weird area of the class where I couldn't see the projector screen or anything else properly. And I had to turn around in order to see the teacher. Yearmates got the best table right smack in the middle of the front of the room hurhhhhh. >:(
Audrey has all the yearmates' face shapes on her blog (as well as their, um, leg lengths) HAHA. Now we know why Lingzhi's so pro at Sit&Reach :D
Ms Tang was super mean to Xinyuan la. She made Xinyuan go to the front so that she could restyle her hair, and commented that she was using the wrong shampoo. :/ Apparently Xinyuan's face is a triangle, Vic's face is round and my face is, in the words of Ms Tang, "a classic square with baby fat". How nice.
All 3 of us have long legs; Vic's are slightly long, Xinyuan's are long and mine are disproportionately long. Sigh. Unfortunately it's hard to see that I've got long legs because they're so fat, they look short and stubby.
Haha Xinyuan declared that she likes to wear muted colours before the lesson. When she was in the toilet, the teacher announced that muted colours are for "people over 65 years old; that is, your grandparents."