Saturday, April 11, 2009
Omg Xinyuan just posted this awesome poem on her blog. It's by some guy called Cole Porter. Actually I don't know why I like this one so much, but it's just this thing about poetry - some just speak to you and you fall in love at first sight :D
Oh wait. It's actually a song. Lol.
...It sounds horrible when sung nuuuuu. Argh disillusionment. The only time I really liked a song's lyrics was when I heard Addicted by Simple Plan. It's magical.
Addicted - Simple PlanI heard you're doin' okay
But I want you to know
I'm addic- (a d*ck)
I'm addicted to you
I can't pretend I don't care
When you don't think about me
Do you think I deserve this?
I try to make you happy
But you left anyway
I'm tryin' to forget
But I'm addicted to you
But I wanted
And I needed
I'm addicted to you
Now it's over
Can't forget what you said
And I never
Want to do this again
Heartbreaker
Heartbreaker
Heartbreaker
Since the day I met you
And after all we've been through
Still addic-
I'm addicted to you
I think you know that it's true
I'd run a thousand miles to get to you
Do you think I deserve this
I tried to make you happy
I did all that I could
Just to treat you good in every way
How long will I be waiting
Till the end of time
I don't know why I'm still waiting
I can't make you mine
I'm trying to forget
But I'm addicted to you
But I wanted
And I needed
I'm addicted to you
Actually, now that I've seen them properly, they're just normal love song lyrics. K I've no idea why I liked them so much.
Anthem of a million primary school crushes (: I miss being P6, with all the scandals, confessions of love, girlfriend-boyfriend rumours etc. RGS is so...bleached-soaped-scrubbed clean.
In a way, I'm pretty glad I went to GEP. I enjoyed my primary school life thoroughly because most of us didn't have to worry about PSLE or secondary school admissions (except during the DSA period) and could have fun while the rest of our batchmates were mugging their heads off.
And the post-PSLE period was awesome :D I remember all the guitar sessions, where Rach, Vic and I learnt to play the guitar (which eventually landed Rach 1st place, and I 12th place in one of the Guitar Ensemble trials). Unfortunately, I never bothered to learn beyond a few chords :/ Which kind of explains my sucky performance during the selection trial. But whatever la it's not like I particularly wanted to join anyway heh. (: