Saturday, March 14, 2009
Oh gosh today was so hectic but fun.
Woke up at freaking 5.05am in an attempt to catch the first train but missed; ended up taking the third train or something instead. Wouldn't have been that bad either, but I slept on the 190 and overshot and landed at the Raffles Town Club bus stop before I woke up. Worse still, there was this huge hedge thingy dividing the road so I couldn't see whether there was a bus stop on the other side of the road, so I just took a chance and ran across the overhead bridge. Luckily there was a bus stop there, so I took 190 back from the opposite side -.-
Reached school around 2 minutes late, but it was fairly okay I guess. It was a mad rush of makeup and changing and last-minute practice.
The actual auditions were...okay I suppose. Nothing unexpected.
Singing on the bus back to RGS was awesome :D I felt one of those deeply joyful moments I get when everyone's singing together and we're all high and stuff. Well, I suppose we won't have to take care of our throats for the next few days. It was such a torture trying to keep away from sweet/spicy food so as not to make the phlegm problem worse la :/
At some point before lunch Verna had to ask her mum not to drive her home as she was going with us for yearlunch. Her mum was sitting in the canteen where there was a parents' reception for those parents who went for the HCL talk, so after Verna was done talking to her mum we walked past the fruit punch cooler...
and decided to steal some. :D Unfortunately, I later received an SMS from Xinyuan saying her mum saw us doing the dirty deed. Amazing how I'm so recognizable, really.
Lunch at FarEast was actually quite good. Yingxin recommended the Hainanese Chicken Rice shop beside the escalators. The service was unbelievably prompt and the chicken more tender than the dish sold at most stalls. Smart Lingzhi suggested we eat there everytime we go for yearlunch, yay :D
The only bummer was that I wasn't in much of a mood to enjoy the food. My teeth hurt like crazy, seriously. The orthodontist's finally closing the gaps made by the 4 extractions and my teeth aren't the type to give in to the rubber bands easily. So I've got PowerChains and Scandinavian elastics on my teeth. Pain pain pain ):