Sunday, March 8, 2009
I hate how my mum thinks MPP isn't as good as CAP or something just because "CAP can help you with your compo-writing during exams!" Screw compo-writing, I joined it for THE LOVE OF POETRY, PROSE AND ALL THINGS GAY.
First thing she asked me when I got back from Bill-Writing Workshop (which was good, but fairly boring) on Saturday was "Did they teach you how to write essays?".
RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR A BILL IS NOT AN ESSAY IT ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO AN ESSAY WTF.
Fine, so right from the start I should've known because she keeps thinking MPP is extra and wastes time and doesn't help my GPA at all. Screw GPA, I joined MPP for THE LOVE OF ADVOCACY, POLITICS AND ALL THINGS BORING.
At least she's stopped annoying me every time I go for an MPP event. She used to think I was doing it as an extra (read: pointless) activity, until I explained that I'd have to do normal RS anyway if I weren't doing MPP. Now she's decided to resign herself to the fact that I'm not going to drop out of MPP anytime and instead nags me to manage my time better.
Can't imagine how she'd react if I tell her I once wanted to join Fashion Cluster. -.-
The best thing is that in an attempt to mould me into a version of her newfound idol, Dr Lee Wei Ling, she tried to tell me earlier this year to always speak up for what I believe is right. When I mentioned to her that advocacy takes time, she told me that it's worthwhile "if it's a good cause that can help people".
Oh, the irony.