Friday, February 6, 2009
Lol cooking lesson today with Mrs Abbas was so funny.
Xinyuan didn't want to renew our cooking-partner contract (okay fine, we never had one in the first place), so we both fought over Vic lolol. In the end Xinyuan partnered VTey and I partnered Vic, which turned out to be a good thing because Xinyuan + me always ends up in disaster.
Mrs Abbas took attendance first, which was hilarious because when she got to me, her eyes opened really wide and what followed was this:
Mrs Abbas: "And Crystal - " *eyes widen, jaw drops*
Me: "Hi, I was in your class last year. And yeah, I'm the one who can't cook. :D"
Mrs Abbas: "Yeah, I can remember you. You're a nightmare. Next, Xinyuan..."
Xinyuan: "I'm the other one who can't cook! Remember, Crystal and I were partners?"
Me: "Yeah, I think we burned something."
Xinyuan: "Yups :DDDD"
Mrs Abbas: *tragic look*
Vic is SO lucky she wasn't in Mrs Abbas' class last year. But she CAN cook, fortunately, which makes us a fairly okay pair since I like washing dishes and she likes cooking. So she just cooked everything and I washed. Brilliant. I love not having to cook, because when it comes to me and cooking lessons, anything that can go wrong WILL go wrong.
I think our decorated cakes are pretty :D Vic made her cake look like a fruit cake even though we had around the same number of fruits (which wasn't a lot). I figure it was the way she cut the fruit, but I guess I'll never find out how she did it.
I arranged my fruits into a man's face complete with ugly peach unibrow, giant kiwislice eyes, a BishanGay grin and a thick chocolate rice mustache, the last one courtesy of Xinyuan who helped me sprinkle the choc chips because I was running out of time. Then I asked Mrs Abbas whether it looked like a face or not, but she replied that she really couldn't care less because she was happy enough that I managed to get this far already D: I shall attempt to convince her that I'm really a budding chef in the making, just that my *cough* potential hasn't been fully unleashed upon the world yet.
JAPFOOD ON MY BIRTHDAY, HERE I COME~~~