Tuesday, February 10, 2009
I'm exhausted after sleeping around 5 hours last night and chionging out half a proposal for Math PT.
And I still have RALA summary to do. Am I glad Dr Sakhar wasn't on Facebook just now to see the conversation Xinyuan and I had about not doing our EL homework :/
I am starting to majorly dislike Amy Tan's books. Reading them makes me feel like my culture's being used to sell a few million copies of books, being eroded and eaten away by overethnicization one bite-sized paragraph at a time.
There is no need to say something in hanyu pinyin for the sake of saying something in hanyu pinyin, seriously. It just annoys the hell out of real Chinese people.
The sad thing is, I can almost imagine this fat, think-he's-so-worldly-wise angmoh picking up this book and going, "AH! A CHINESE WRITER WRITING ABOUT CHINESE CULTURE! AFTER I READ THIS, I WILL BE WELL-INFORMED ABOUT THE CHINESE PEOPLE. For example, I now know that Chinese people only eat potstickers and soggy dumplings."
*puke*