Tuesday, February 17, 2009
I had a rather interesting day.
It started at 4.28 am when my phone suddenly beeped. In a recent Facebook quiz I mentioned in my answer to the "Someone SMSes you at 4am. Who is it?" question that nobody would ever SMS me at 4am.
Well, I take that back.
Xinyuan dearest SMSed me. And it wasn't anything important either. SHE WAS SUFFERING FROM INSOMNIA AND DECIDED SHE HAD TO TELL ME WTF. I was partially woken up by the beeping, and my mind started running through all the reasons why my phone could be beeping.
Brain's line of reasoning: What day is it today? Saturday? Sunday? Oh, it's Tuesday. Now, why is my phone beeping? Aren't I supposed to be going to school? HOLY SHIT, I MUST BE SO LATE IT'S RECESS AND MY FRIENDS ARE SMSING ME TO ASK WHERE THE HELL I AM.
*jumps up*
And...it was 4.28am. Majorly pissifying man. For the rest of the day I kept taking short naps between lessons because I felt sleepy the whole day. Though it isn't actually Xinyuan's fault because most people switch off their phones when asleep or have the sense to put them on Silent, I shall just blame her because I don't want to admit I should have switched it off. (:
I slept for another hour till 5.30 am, dressed, got onto the schoolbus, got off, went to class and promptly fell asleep on my table again until Yvonne woke us all up and dragged us to assembly.
In the GO, I ran into Mr TJLee. So I asked him whether my group got into MPP, and he told me to go inside and ask Vic and Xinyuan lolol.
WE GOT IN MUAHAHA.
It was a glorious morning. Apparently we have a Mentors' Tea to go to on Saturday, but it doesn't clash with Saturday high tea with the parents HEE HEE HEE. Poor Xinyuan can't go because of Challenge Shield. All the more reason to laugh TEE HEE HEE.
Best of all, it's at RI, which I've been wanting to visit since forever because I'm already Sec3 but have never stepped into RI before.
TEE HEE HEE.
4 out of 5 of the teams RGS sent in made it through the second round. But here's the bad news: we have a final round to go through. Something about the mentors selecting us, sigh. Must present self well during Bill presentation!