Friday, February 20, 2009
Firstly, let me thank everyone who wished me a happy birthday. Since I lost count somewhere after recess, I shall name groups of people, but be assured that I'm thinking of every one of you even though I'm lazy to type out your names one by one:
1. Yearmates <3 who came to my CLASS and wrote Happy Birthday on my whiteboard, thus cementing my fate. Everyone in class obviously remembered my birthday after that. And they sang me my third birthday song before lunch! And were really nice about my not going for ArtsFest prac for the next two days :/ Mentors' Tea, sigh.
2. 311!!! Greenchopsticks. Denise was cutting green cloth before PE, and I thought she was using it for needlework or something until the whole class suddenly put this green sash on me with the words "<3 FINALLY FIFTEEN" on it. :O Now our class has a class birthday sash, lol. Super touching k, I almost cried until everyone decided to sing me a birthday song. IN THE CANTEEN. GRAWRRRRRR. But thanks 311 for the 2 birthday songs :DDDDD
3. Zhiming, whom I haven't talked to in super long, but still came over and wrote me a note!!! She is too nice.
4. Yanhan. Okay she's really creepy, because I don't know how she knew it's my birthday today and nobody ever told her. I think. I suspect Vic/Xinyuan involvement.
5. RALAians and Dr Sakhar, who amusingly stuck his head out from the 3rd floor of J2 and shouted down "HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRYSTAL!" He apparently has all his students' birthdays written down somewhere and memorized. Amazing.
6. Mrs Abbas, who normally scolds me because I'm her worst nightmare but was super nice to me today because it's my birthday. Lasagne and tiramisu <3
7. Yoony! MPP groupmate! I have no idea how she remembered either. It's amazing how much people can remember these days.
8. Lidan. This is starting to freak me out. Everyone has a microchip embedded in their brains dedicated to birthdays, I swear.
9. AIYA FORGOT LE LA. Shall add more when I remember! If you wished me a happy birthday and your name's not here, feel free to punch me.
Okay now on to the presents!
Thanks to:
Mala, for the really sweet birthday letter;
Xinyuan, for the chio shirt which she picked out because she hates it and I love whatever she hates;
Rachel, for the promised freelunch at Yoshinoya;
Chuleevoon/Voony, for the AWESOMELY CUTE STITCH SOFT TOY which Vic used to play a prank on Denise because it reminded us both of Wesley;
Denise, for the sock which I used as a hand puppet, to great comical effect;
Vanessa (Tan), for the chocolatey mirror which I think I cooed about a very long time ago in Action City;
Xinglingzhi, for writing on my class whiteboard and staying up till 12 midnight to dedicate a post plus write on my tagboard (omg I feel so bad. LINGZHI IF YOU'RE READING THIS, GO SLEEP. NAO.)
Audrey, for the fake bread which I almost tried to eat lolol!
and
Vic and Xinyuan for the subsidized Pastamania lunch today.
Did I miss any present out? Kill me if I did.
Now for the confession:
I DON'T DESERVE ANY OF THIS. When I see birthday alarm thingums on Facebook, I routinely dao them. I hate writing birthday letters unless I've got a poem to go with them, which is why I still owe Xinglingzhi a birthday letter from last year. I don't give people birthday presents. For that matter, the only person whose birthday I can really remember is Jean Henri Dunant.
SO PLEASE, DON'T BE SO NICE TO ME. I CAN'T TAKE IT. I think I shall shrivel up in guilt while surrounded by all my nice presents.
Haha just kidding la. I'm honestly touched. I vow to remember people's birthdays from now on.
And I owe Voony a tofu. I think I told someone I'd get one for her when I have enough cash, just that I spend every single cent of my money every month :/ I should have savings this month, though, thanks to excellent financial planning and prudence. Yay.